About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Kaytee Mueller. I am 31 years young. I have 3 children, Hudson (5), Nora (3) and Clare (a few months old)...(yes I have my hands full... haha). My husband's name is Kyle and we've been together for something like 13 years.... and I am a teacher. I teach 1st grade this year and I absolutely love everything about it. The only thing is, I get bored very easily & let's just say it's rare that I do the same thing more than once. With that being said, I am constantly researching, googling, pinning, & searching blogs to find new and improved ways to better meet the needs of my very diverse learners. Oh-- and did I mention that I'm the bulletin board queen? Yes. Absolutely love decorating my class and making a room with 4 cement walls feel like a cozy, homey, comfortable, safe & magical place to learn--not easy but well worth it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Online Parent Newsletter

So I decided to set up a parent newsletter (blog) online. I'm feeling a little more confident in my blogging capabilities so I figured why not?!

At least I'd be saving a tree by doing my newsletter  electronically. :-)

So here's the link: Www.whatsnewgrade2.blogspot.com


Check it out. See how I keep my parents informed. I added the "subscribe" button and sent home a flyer asking  parents to subscribe. That way they can get email alerts when I've posted & they can stay informed!

Speaking of keeping informed have you heard of the remind me app? All I had to do was go to the website, set up an account & add a class. Then I sent home a flyer with my class information so parents could subscribe with their email or phone (text). Then every day my teaching partner and I send home a reminder email/text. Our alerts can be general like "Don't forget to read 20 minutes tonight" or "spirit day tomorrow--wear blue!" Etc. We've gotten a lot of positive  feedback so far. Best part? Parents will never know your phone number/personal email and they can't reply back. If they have questions they'll have to contact you another way--in person, phone, or work email. That is a plus because you don't want to be texting back and forth! That could become very time consuming!

But anways, it's pretty neat &  very easy to use! Go to www.remind.com

You're welcome ;-)

In other news, we've done some pretty neat art projects recently. One involving cool and warm colors... go check it out here: click here!

Until next time.... keep calm and teach on!

No comments:

Post a Comment