About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Kaytee Mueller. I am 31 years young. I have 3 children, Hudson (5), Nora (3) and Clare (a few months old)...(yes I have my hands full... haha). My husband's name is Kyle and we've been together for something like 13 years.... and I am a teacher. I teach 1st grade this year and I absolutely love everything about it. The only thing is, I get bored very easily & let's just say it's rare that I do the same thing more than once. With that being said, I am constantly researching, googling, pinning, & searching blogs to find new and improved ways to better meet the needs of my very diverse learners. Oh-- and did I mention that I'm the bulletin board queen? Yes. Absolutely love decorating my class and making a room with 4 cement walls feel like a cozy, homey, comfortable, safe & magical place to learn--not easy but well worth it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Open House

Some pictures from Open House! 

When parent's walk in, they are asked to sign in (to track attendance) and then they're given the *Check this out* sheet. It's a handout that acts as a directory for what's what in my classroom. It lists our Calendar area, classroom library, Star Student Board, etc. That way the parents can know what to be on the look out for while they are walking around the classroom




Something new this year-- a present for the parents! My awesome teaching partner and I created these! It says "Thanks for popping in" and it's popcorn! SO CUTE! Here's the link for the printable: Click here :)
 SO SO SO happy with how it turned out and the parents loved it too. Just a little something to show how appreciative we were that they took the time to come and visit.
 My sign in sheet & student information folder.

Inside my information folder (made of construction paper folded in half) I include a packet that has our classroom rules and procedures, 2nd grade curriculum, information on our classroom Reading incentive and a little handout about Common Core Reading (and why it rocks). I'll post links all those hand outs soon!
 The students this year made a place setting--

What's on our 2nd grade plate?
They labeled different parts of their pizza with the subjects they'll be learning about this year.
The napkin is labeled "Tools for success" and each utensil is labeled differently-- "me" "parents" "teachers" because let's face it-- you need all 3 to be successful! Each one goes hand in hand for a successful school year.
On the cup it says "The glass is always full in 2nd grade!"

Fun, quick, meaningful project and I'm super happy with how it turned out. The parents had a lot of positive things to say as well. All in all Open House went great-- especially considering it was my 29th birthday and all (eek!)


1 comment: